The Gilbert & Sullivan Society : Manchester
Notices: Tuesday November 1st 2016
This is the Sheila Taylor meeting, ie the one when we particularly think of Sheila and feel thankful for all she contributed to this Society, the RNCM and music in other places. She would have loved this evening.
At the interval Jean will take bookings for our Group visit to La Vie Parisienne by Offenbach at the Royal Northern College of Music on Saturday December 17th at 3.00 pm. Special Group price £30 whether you are a Senior Citizen or not. Cash or cheque payable to The Gilbert & Sullivan Society, Manchester.
Also please say if you also want to attend Salford Choral Society’s Messiah at the College that evening at 7.30 pm, with Nick Sales as the tenor and David Walton in the chorus. but don’t pay for that. Full price £17, Senior Citizens £13. We might get enough for a Group reduction for that also.
2) If you cannot attend La Vie Parisienne on the 17th and wish to book on your own, please note that it will also be performed on Wednesday December 7th, Friday 9th, Sunday 11th at 3.00 pm, Tuesday 13th and Thursday 15th and Saturday 17th. Weeknight performances are at 7.30 pm. Full price £36, Senior citizens £32.40. Website www.rncm.ac.uk
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 0161 – 907 5555
3) Oldham Choral Society will perform Haydn’s Creation this Sunday, November 6th at 7.00 pm, please note the time, at the RNCM Concert Hall. Tickets £15 Full price. See Margaret Hood or ring the Box office on 907 5555
4) Looking ahead, next year English Touring Opera will tour Patience, performing it at Buxton Opera House on May 6th. This is a small group of 8 to 10 performers, with a small orchestra, all professional I assume. We may arrange a Group visit to that. This is advance warning – you may want to put the date in your diary.
5) Chris Browne cannot be here this evening; he has a rehearsal with the choir he conducts and four other music making engagements this week! But remember you can visit his website: www.gilbertandsullivanonline.com or phone him on 01422 844744. As well as a large stock of attractive G&S items he has for sale two CDs of his own compositions, Midsummer Moods, £10 and Joie de Vivre, also £10. They are most enjoyable.
6) Jean has brought some G&S Christmas cards and two greeting cards designed by the late Geoffrey Shovelton, 25p each. More may be ordered from her.
7) Please take programme cards and Society publicity leaflets if you can to anywhere near you to display to encourage more members; local library, evening class centre, music shop, etc. If anyone will be going to The Lowry or Manchester Arndale shopping centre and can take some please do. Don’t know if The Lowry displays notices about events other than their own, but worth asking. Jean has taking them to the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester Library, Palace Theatre and Forsyth’s music shop.